As remarked by J. Paul Getty, ‘Formula for Success: Rise Early, Work Hard, Strike Oil’. Success according to many demands lots of things that ranges from hard work, dedication and planning. But then we forget that every person is different in his own ways and all we need is a good mindset to govern our actions to gain a desirable position. The psychology of a person is basically at play when it comes down to being successful. The right kind of attitude is the foremost requirement for the success. The few simple and easy steps which when inculcated in your life will make you both successful and happy. They are
- Have aim – First and foremost thing you have to do is to set goals. You should at least know what are you aims, desires and at what level you wish to reach in, life. After analyzing these, only then you can start working towards it.
- Know your passions – people often are not aware of their passions and their fondness. In this growing world, almost everything can be carved into a career. So knowing yourself can be a great asset and it can help you to know your passions.
- Start working towards your goal – once a goal is set, you should start following your steps and start working on it and make a lay out plan in order to achieve your goals. Remember the aim won’t achieve itself you have to gradually work for it.
- Get educated – a good education always comes handy as it provides you knowledge, makes you skilled and provides you validation when considered by people. Surveys have shown that the more educated you are, the more money you can earn. Education is your basic step towards achievements.
- Fiscal management – managing your finances is another crucial step as you are less likely to waste your money on useless expenses and invest in a more useful place. No matter what you earn, monetary stability ensures that your expenses are intact as well as gives you enough to even save in today’s expensive era.
- Time management – if you are planning to succeed in life, time is the most valuable asset to consider. It is a fact that time stands for no one, so the most important thing you should know is to managing you time rather than wasting. Start with the management of a day and stretch it a week then a month and manage accordingly.
- Set your priorities – you should set your priorities straight. Know what comes first and what is to be dealt first. Know what holds more importance than other things in your life and work accordingly. If possible make a list of priorities and set a work plan accordingly.
- Live in present – When you are too fixated in your past or are too occupied dreaming about your future, you are practically not doing anything. Imagining future is not wrong, but for that you have to make your present better.
- Don’t contrast your life with others – realize that everyone is different and by comparing your life to someone you are not only wasting your time and energy, but also reducing the value of your own life. Don’t evaluate your success with the success of others, because no matter how much successful a person may seem, just remember that all that glitter is not gold!
- Stay healthy – always take out time for exercise and eat healthy. As it is said that a healthy body is a nest for a healthy brain. If you don’t give your body ample attention, which it needs, you will not be able to have a healthy and a relaxed mind to work with.
- Watch your environment – a good competitive environment is great but, a condescending environment is resistant to growth. It has been observed that if you are surrounded by positive people you are constantly motivated and stay positive to achieve your goal. But, in a reverse case your life can full of frustration and dissatisfaction which is a hindrance in your way of success.
- Work hard and smart – do work hard, as hard work is the key to success, but work smart also because it you don’t put your brain in your task there are chances that you are wasting your efforts. Work smart and work hard is the new key to success.
- Be disciplined and organized – If you are an organized person, you get ample time to pay attention to other important aspects of life. If, you are not an organized person you will be spending time in settling down your mess which is unnecessarily created.
- Accept change– always expect that nothing is permanent and everything is subjected to change. Those who resist change are creating a problem for themselves, but when you accept change it becomes easy for you to grow and enhance yourself accordingly. On the other hand those who refrain from change are scared of new things in life and often are stuck at a point in their life.
These are a few simple and easy steps, which might have given you a hint on where you are making a mistake. The complicated life in which presently we live it becomes very difficult to keep up with the fast and upgrading life. Therefore, a constant improvement, learning and education are qualities than can help you to achieve success in life.
Becoming alert, conscious, smart and learn to observe more as these things will help you in making right decisions. Winning in life is never easy .
Focus on what you want to achieve and gain a confidence t do it. The above mentioned steps are few basic changes which can be done in life.
They are simple and we all might be aware of them, but what we forget is that they also have to be followed.
These are no rocket science as they are easy to apply and inculcate in your daily life. Remember, small things can make huge difference!